Q: Do I need a visa to visit Australia?
A: Yes, all visitors need a visa before entering the country Australia.
Q: Am I eligible for a Working Holiday Visa?
A: To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa for Australia, you must be:
- between 18 and 30 years old without dependent children;
- an eligible passport holder and have at least 1 year until renewal on your passport;
- going to Australia for holiday and propose to work to support you on this holiday;
- able to show proof of sufficient funds for a return or onward fare as well as sufficient funds for the first part of your stay (generally AUD$5,000).
Q: Where do I apply?
A: A Working Holiday Visa cannot be granted in Australia. All Australian Working Holiday Visa applications must be made outside of Australia.
Passport holders of 18 countries (United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Italy, France, Japan, Malta, South Korea, Hong Kong SAR, Taiwan, Germany, Belgium and Estonia) are able to apply for a Working Holiday Visa in any country (except Australia).
Q: Do I need a medical examination for a Working Holiday Visa?
A: Generally, no.
However, a chest x-ray will be required if you:
- are a resident of a country considered to be of a very high health risk for tuberculosis (United Kingdom, Canada, Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Italy, France and Belgium are NOT considered high risk);
- have spent more than 3 consecutive months in the last 5 years in a country or countries considered to be of a very high health for tuberculosis;
- are likely to work in health care; or
- are likely to work in child care.
A chest x-ray and a medical examination, including any specialist reports, will be required if:
- it appears that you may not meet the health criteria; or
- you are likely to work or study in a classroom for more than 4 weeks and hold a passport from a country considered to be of a very high health risk for tuberculosis.
Also, if you intend to work in the health care you will need to undergo HIV/Hepatitis B/Hepatitis C testing.
Q: What are the financial requirements of the Working Holiday Visa?
A: You need to be able to show access to sufficient funds (AUD$5,000) to support yourself, if requested. You must also have return ticket or show evidence of funds to pay for return ticket.
Evidence may include a certified copy of a bank statement and an air ticket out of Australia.
Q: What if I have more questions?
For further information you can contact us Travel/Work/Stay-Oz. We will help with Temporary Resident Working Visa Australia [http://www.tws-oz.com.au/whv.html] and Working Holiday Visa in Australia [http://www.tws-oz.com.au/whv.html].