What Are the Ways to Apply For Canada Immigration?

There are four main classes allowed for Canada immigration. These are the skilled worker, the family, and business classes. The fourth is as a temporary worker or student.

The skilled worker class, or points system, is the most popular class under which to apply. The applicants are awarded different amounts of points based on their age, education, work experience, and their proficiency in English or French. Points can also be granted if a person has arranged employment or is already working in Canada. Additional points can be awarded for factors such as a partner’s qualifications, or if a person had previously studied in Canada for at least two years. Special considerations are made for people that have family already living in Canada.

For Canada immigration under the family class, a person must have a Canadian residing relative who is eligible and willing to be their sponsor. These sponsors must hold a Canadian passport or be a permanent resident. These include a husband or wife, conjugal or common-law partners, dependent children, a parent, or grandparent. They may also be a sister or brother, nephew, niece or grandchild that is orphaned and under 19 years of age. Any relative who currently has no other relations living in Canada can also be a sponsor. Most often the typical family class application is by individuals who are currently engaged or married to citizens of Canada.

Applicants for Canada immigration who are applying under the business class will be separated into three sub-categories which are the investor, the self employed and the entrepreneur. Those wishing to apply for immigration under the category of self-employed will have to provide a business plan that has been extensively researched, possess enough capital and a good amount of solid experience for establishing a Canadian business. The net worth of the entrepreneur must be a minimum of C$300,000 and must have past experience in a qualifying business. Within three years of arrival the entrepreneur will have to establish or purchase a business which creates at the very least a single new job that is full time for a citizen of Canada. An investor’s net worth must be a minimum of C$800,000 and they will be required to make an investment of C$400,000 of that in the Canadian Receiver General for a period of 5 years.

Temporary visas for Canada immigration are allowed for students or workers. These workers must be presented a job offer that could not otherwise be taken by a Canadian. The issuance of the work permit is for the length of employment, which does not usually exceed three years. Canadian employers hesitate in hiring foreign workers unless there is a certain skill advantage that they possess or there are labour shortages. Most workers on a temporary visa were on a transfer to Canada from their current employer. Students who enrol in a qualifying Canadian institution have the option to put in an application for a student visa. This allows the student to study full-time and to work limited hours.

Visa Centre – expert assistance on all Australia, New Zealand and Canada migration matters.

The Visa Centre are officially recognised specialists in obtaining skills, family, business and permanent residency visas for Australia, New Zealand and Canada. Their professional, experienced visa consultants provide a clear and simple, high quality immigration service to assist you with emigrating to your new home. The Visa Centre’s range of locally-based employment experts can also provide you with sound advice and guidance on finding a job in your destination country.

For a FREE assessment of your eligibility to lodge a residence visa application, please visit http://www.visacentre.co.uk/