Thailand is a very interesting country. Its natural beauty, developing economy, low cost of living and hospitable people, are only a few of the characteristics that make it one of the top destinations for tourism, business and migration.
However, you cannot just enter the Kingdom like the way you enter a room in your house. The Thai government is relatively strict with the entry of foreign nationals because their citizens are always their first priority. You have to undergo certain processes before you can wander freely in the streets of Thailand.
Possessing the correct type of visa applicable to the purpose of your visit in Thailand serves as your protection from any legal conflict. Therefore, it helps to have a background on all the types of visas offered by the Kingdom.
Types of Thailand Visa
Here is a brief list of the types of Thailand visas you can obtain prior to your travel. Choose which is most appropriate for the purpose of your visit:
1. Thailand Tourist Visa. With its stunning beauty and wonderful culture, Thailand is no wonder one of the world’s most visited country for tourism. Yearly, millions of foreigners go to the Land of Smiles for vacation and relaxation. If you want to be one of them, apply for a tourist visa now, escape from stress, and enjoy Thailand.
2. Thailand Retirement Visa. If you are already fifty years of age and all you want to do is to relax and enjoy everything you have worked hard for in the past years, reward yourself with the best retirement experience. Apply for a retirement visa in Thailand and spend the rest of your golden years in the Land of Smiles.
3. Thailand Marriage Visa. If you have found your one true love in Thailand, and desire to marry her and settle in the Kingdom for good, you need to apply for a Thai Marriage visa. This will allow you to spend forever with your beloved in a romantic and beautiful place anywhere in Thailand.
4. Thailand Business Visa. Thailand’s economy is undeniably booming these days. Both local and foreign commerce seem to enjoy success. Hence, if you plan to invest or establish a business in the country, you need to apply for a Thailand Business Visa. This will entitle you to find your way in the Thai business world.
Applications for these Thailand visas vary but the main processes can be summarized into three (3) easy steps:
1. Decide which among the Thai visas are appropriate for the purpose of your travel to the Kingdom.
2. Collect the documents and complete all the requirements needed. Prepare your payments for the fees.
3. Submit the requirements, including the application form and passport to the local Thai embassy or consular office in your country.
After doing all the processes stated above, you just have to wait until your visa is approved and released. Interviews may be required in some instances, which demand full compliance.
Yes, a Thai visa can be renewed, extended or converted in accordance with the applicable rules and depending on the discretion of the Thai embassy.
Where to Apply
For easy processing of the visas, it is recommended that you apply at the Thai embassies and consulates located near your place:
1. United Kingdom
2. Marseilles, France (consulate)
3. Stuttgart, Germany (consulate)
4. North America
New York (consulate)
5. Ontario, Canada (consulate)
Nairobi, Kenya (embassy)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (embassy)
Jakarta, Indonesia (embassy)
Applying for a visa is not as easy as you think. It is often tricky and one wrong move may lead to a denial of your application. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you seek legal assistance from experienced, competent, and trustworthy lawyers in Thailand.
For best results on your Thai visa application, consult Siam Legal International. With their help, the chances of your visa approval is high.