Moving to Canada is an exciting opportunity but also a life changing experience. Aside from being consistently ranked as one the best places in the world to live, Canada is also a top migrating destination in the world that’s why it is well-known as “land of the immigrants”.
There are many programs offered for every candidate – be it a student, visitor, worker, family, business people or investors who like to like to apply for Canada immigration. One of the most popular programs for permanent residency for the business people is the Québec Immigrant Investor Program.
The Québec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) is a business immigration program reserved for business people who are interested to bring an economic contribution to Québec’s economy, and who express the intent of settling in the province of Québec. With its safe investment structure and its joint administration between private and public entities, it remains one of the globes most sought after business immigration programs. The purpose of the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program is to encourage the business people to invest in the growth of Canada specifically in the province of Québec through a significant economic investment. In return, these investors and their immediate family will gain permanent residency. In order to qualify for QIIP, an investor must have the following criteria:
1. Have, alone or with his/her accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
– Assets can include real estate, bank assets, term deposits, shares in corporations, stock, a variety of financial products, etc.
– The source of funds leading to the accumulation of those net assets must also be explained and documented.
2. Have relevant experience in management of a business
3. Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
Being one of the gateways to Canada, the Québec Immigrant Investor Program provides certain advantages such as:
– Successful application will lead to a Canadian permanent resident visa.
– The agreement to invest $800,000 CAN is guaranteed by the Québec government and will be returned in full after 5 years.
– The immediate dependent family members of the investor who are included in the application will have the same status as the candidate.
The RCI team assists candidates and designated agents with legal services for the preparation and filing applications. Working closely with the candidates and their immigration consultants is an essential factor to maximize the chances of success.
No wonder many people and investors find Québec Immigrant Investor Program attractive and engaging.
Through the supervision of the RCI President and CEO, Mr. Payette who has been instrumental in the success of the company as Canadian market leader in Immigrant Investor Program – the RCI team will ensure that what we value most is the immigrants’ interest.