Qualify For E-1 Visa

There are two different treaty visas that are used for business purposes. The E-1 visa is one of them. A business owner who lives in a treaty country can go to the US Embassy and apply for this particular document. The United States welcomes the chance to do business with such men and women.

More than thirty different countries have citizens who might qualify for the E-1 visa. Those are the citizens of Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bolivia, Brunei, Canada, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Liberia, Luxemburg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Togo, Turkey, United Kingdom and Yugoslavia.

Still, a business owner who has traded in some fashion with one or more partners in the United States should not feel that he or she is certain to be granted one of the special treaty visas. The E-1 is not granted to everyone who trades with an American citizen. It is given to those business owners who do a substantial amount of trading with partners in the US. The level of that trading should be so great that it cannot be carried-out without help from others. In other words, it should require the coming and going of various employees.

Thus, a business owner cannot simply claim that he or she will be asking employees to come to the United States on a regular basis. He or she must offer proof of that fact. The United States government has made it clear what type of proof it needs. The business owner and E-1 holder is expected to make sure that all of his or her employees apply for the same document. Their failure to do so would call into question the business owners claim that he or she is doing a great deal of trading with a US partner.

There is no limit on the amount of time that someone with this particular trade visa can stay in the country of his or her trading partner. He or she is free to remain within the United States as long as those two partners continue to carry-out some type of extensive trading program. But it is important to show proof that the individual has been involved in trade and business practices while in US. However, if that program were to experience a decided slump, the man or woman who has been the proud holder of an E-1 visa might find that he or she has been given a different status by the US government.

You may seek the help of an immigration lawyer that deals with trade visa and immigration services to ensure that your application is filed properly. You might need assistance with the documentation and proofs that need to be submitted with the visa application. Talking with an experienced and reputed immigration lawyer can help you with the minute details that you might have overlooked, ensuring higher chances of visa approvals quickly.

For the latest information on obtaining information about E-1 visa and on finding a US immigration lawyer visit the eb-5investorgreencard.com information pages.