Immigration to Canada: Visa Types You Should Be Aware Of

To immigrate and live in Canada permanently, you need to obtain the Canada Immigration Visa for permanent residents or the Canada Green Card as it is commonly known. To qualify, you may choose one of the many programs that allow non-Canadian citizens to immigrate. Depending on your situation and requirements, your immigration lawyer or the registered immigration agent can help you get a Canada immigration visa, through the following available options.

Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)

The Provincial Nomination Program or PNP is a program that is designed by the various provinces of Canada to attract potential foreigners to their regions. The rules and regulations of this program vary for each province and are designed according to the particular province’s requirement and the suitability of the immigrant to live and work in that particular region.

Business or investor immigration visa

A Canada business or investor immigration visa can be apt for you, if you are a business person. Individuals with relevant business experience or managerial experience, and a potential to boost the country’s economy can apply for this visa. Whether it is to make an investment or acquire a business, you can apply for a permanent immigration visa through the federal or the provincial nomination business programs to reside and develop your business in any one of the Canadian provinces.

Skilled worker immigration visa

As there is a great demand for foreign skilled workers in Canada, skilled workers and professionals like qualified doctors, hospitality managers, scientists, management graduates, social workers, engineers, chefs etc can immigrate to Canada by acquiring the immigration visa through this program. You can apply online through one of the three skilled worker programs for a Canada immigration visa. Or if you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you can contact an immigration lawyer for a speedier processing of your visa.

Family class sponsorship

To be eligible under the Family Class Sponsorship, you must have a relative or a family member who is a Canadian citizen and is prepared to sponsor your immigration. You can apply for a Family Class Sponsorship visa if –

• Your spouse or partner, parent, grandparent, dependent child, an orphaned sibling, nephew, niece or grandchild, intended adopted child who is less than 18 years old, is sponsoring you. Also, if the relative sponsoring you is your sole and remaining family member, you can apply for this visa.

• The relative who is sponsoring you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent visa holder, and must meet certain Family Class Sponsorship requirements.

To be clear about the criteria for your sponsorship and avoid any glitches in visa processing, it is better to consult an immigration lawyer through Family Class Sponsorship program.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Under this program international graduates with two academic years at Canadian university and temporary foreign workers are eligible to apply for an immigration visa. The basic requirements for these individuals are – basic language skills (English and/or French) and two years of skilled or professional work experience in Canada within 24 months from the date of the visa application. If you satisfy the above requirements and wish to live in Canada permanently, it is time to contact an immigration lawyer to initiate the process.

For more information on a divorce lawyer or an immigration lawyer, contact Heydary Hamilton PC