Canada is still one of the most liberal and welcoming nations on earth when it comes to immigrating. In the last few years, millions and their families have immigrated to Canada and settled. The high standard of living in Canada coupled with the low crime rate continues to attract hordes of people from many different countries. One of the best ways to immigrate to Canada is as a skilled worker. Let us examine a few ways of doing this:
Federal skilled worker applications
Those that were received on or after February 27, 2008 are now being assessed for eligibility by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism. Your application is deemed eligible if:
1. You possess a pre-arranged offer for employment from a registered company operating in Canada.
2. You are a foreigner already living in Canada legally for more than a year or
3. You are an international student in legal status or
4. You are a skilled worker with at least a year or more experience in the eligible professionals stated on the form.
5. You possess work experience which requires Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) as stipulated on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND
6. You must have had this experience within the last 10 years.
The above are the factors that the Canadian immigration uses to assess eligibility to be admitted into Canada with a work Visa. Once your application is deemed eligible, it is then passed through an additional screening process which is gauges:
The Canadian immigration screening process
a. Your academic achievements
b. Your age
c. Your overall work experience
d. Your ability to speak and write English or French.
You must also show proof of financial responsibility in that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants for the first few months of arrival. Most put this cap at $10,000.
Many people get discouraged by these requirements but if you examine them closely, you realize that they are more lenient than most of the immigration requirements of most countries, for instance, the US and the EU. The financial responsibility part also acts as a barrier for many people especially those who have little income. But you must understand that as a country, Canada must safeguard its welfare system. It is harder for immigrants who come in with no means of supporting themselves because they become a burden to the system and to other newly-arrived immigrants as well.
Would you like a free coaching guide with quick steps for Canada work-visa steps [http://content-universe.net/newcontent/category/canada-immigration-steps/]? Then pick up this practical step by step fastest Canada-immigrant steps [http://content-universe.net/newcontent/category/canada-immigration-steps/] and begin a new and prosperous life in Canada.