Wondering how to go about your immigration process? Be it any country in any part of the world, there are certain basic conditions that comprise the eligibility of an individual for immigration. These immigration criteria remain the same throughout the world. However, the conditions in these criteria may vary. So, incase you are on the hunt to know how to apply for immigration services, this article might be of some help to you.
If you are planning to immigrate to another country, the first thing you need to do is to select the criteria that best fits in with reference to the country you plan to immigrate to. Some of these basic conditions are –
- People seeking permanent residency options to another country or returning to their own country.
- Immigration in search of employment or business opportunities.
- Students immigrating for further studies.
- Visiting another country for business and pleasure.
- Immigration based on sponsorship of skilled workers.
- Migration due to marriage, family living abroad, partner or fiance etc.
After chalking out where you belong in the above mentioned criteria, check for the various requisites mentioned and see whether you qualify for those or not.
For instance, the age criteria – based on the above mentioned categories, the age limit varies and it differs for different countries. In Australia, the maximum age limit for a skilled migrant cannot be beyond 45 years of age but also not less than 18 years. Similarly, in New Zealand, the migrant should be between the age group of 20 to 55 years.
This is followed by another common feature i.e. your ability to communicate in English. Here also, the candidate has to appear for the IELTS examination in order to meet the requirements for the immigration. This is more important for students wanting to pursue further education in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, United Kingdom etc. Apart from the students, the skilled or business migrants also need to take the test. This test is a common ground for evaluation while granting visas to the deserving candidates. However, tourists and other visiting family members do not need to appear for this exam.
Apart from these factors, there are a set of documents which are mandatory and have to be submitted without which the immigration and the visa processing could be shelved. These documents include –
- A valid passport showing your nationality.
- Incase, you are a skilled migrant etc., then the candidate has to produce a skill assessment record issued by the relevant country’s authority.
- A report of the IELTS test has to be submitted. Report should specify the test being taken within a specific time period and ensure that the results have not expired. Incase of spouses, the test results of both the partners have to be produced.
- Copies of documents such as the birth certificate, age proof etc. should be certified and submitted along with the application.
- Employment reference letters as well as the offer letters must be present so as to claim more points on the job front from the concerned employer in that particular country.
It has to be remembered that this checklist varies according to the kind of immigration opportunities availed. Hence, all the documents might not be required for all immigration applicants. However, few basic documents remain the same for everyone.
In addition to this, there are several others procedures that need to be followed to complete the application as well as the process of immigration successfully. Thus, it is recommended to take this article as a reference in the process for submitting an effective visa and an immigration application.
Ajay Sharma is an immigration expert who provides his valuable advice to people seeking immigration in countries like Canada, Denmark, USA, Australia and many others. With years of experience under his belt, he is the principal immigration consultant of http://www.abhinav.com, which is in business since 1994. Over the years, Abhinav has continually stood the test of time and has helped its clients in accomplishing their relocation dreams to foreign lands, successfully and smoothly.