The potent ways to apply for the Canada Permanent Residency (PR) Status is through three main modes – Express Entry Program, Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP) and the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). While, the Express Entry Program is a federal system of selection but Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a selection system for a particular province for which the candidate has applied for the Permanent Residency(PR) status and lastly, QSWP on the other hand is the mode of attaining Permanent Residency(PR) status for Quebec region only.
Out of all these three ways of attaining the Permanent Residency (PR) Status the most convenient and the fastest way of immigration to Canada is Express Entry Program which got introduced in January 2015 as an initiative to bridge the gap of skilled work force in Canada and increase employment.
Requirements for The Permanent Residency (PR) status of Canada
The only important requirement for the Permanent Residency (PR) status of Canada is to meet the eligibility for the PR status after which the candidate can lawfully immigrate to Canada. The eligibility criteria are based on the valuation of points based on the personal information. The criteria of eligibility are different for the Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) but the standard guidelines are the same in both the entries. The points are calculated on the following premises:
- Age – There is no specific age limit for immigrating to Canada but having an age of 18 to 35 years allots maximum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points to the candidate.
- Language Proficiency – It is important for the candidate to undertake IELTS examination before the immigration and high score in IELTS can lead to high Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points. Further, the knowledge of French language can add extra points to the application of the candidate.
- Education – Having a high education can help the candidate secure high Comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) points.
- Work Experience – Being skilled can not only help the candidate to settle in Canada but also help him/ her migrate to Canada as the country requires minimum one-year experience in full time continuous employment from the candidate. Having high experience means having high Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
- Adaptability- Having a sibling or spouse already settled in Canada is of added advantage and can help the candidate avail extra points at the time of immigration.
How Long does it take to immigrate to Canada?
There is a lot of screening involved before migrating to any country with respect to employment, medical condition and police verification, which requires sufficient amount of time from the candidate but thanks to the introduction of Express Entry Program recently introduced in 2015 by the Government of Canada the screening time of the application has reduced to 6 to 12 months. There have been candidates who have migrated to Canada in 6 month’s time as well with the help of the Express Entry Program.
Having a reputable and best immigration service, which has enough experience in the field might be advantageous for you as a candidate cause then your immigration processing will be hassle free and it will also help you choose the best options based on your credentials. The best immigration service in the industry will guide you as a mentor and support you during the most crucial decision of your time.