In recent years, Mexico has emerged as a popular destination for medical procedures like Gastric Sleeve Surgery for treating obesity. Can opting this weight loss surgery in Mexico be beneficial for you? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy overseas? The below mentioned pros and cons of having Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico will help you in making a better decision.
Advantages of having Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy in Mexico:
- Cheaper cost:The cost of medical procedures in Mexico is cheaper than USA. Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery here will be around 50% cheaper than the US prices.
- Quality healthcare: World Health Organization (WHO) has ranked Mexican healthcare at 61st position. The report says that hospitals here provide high quality healthcare.
- There are many highly experienced bariatric surgeons.
- A number of technically equipped hospitals attract many medical tourists.
- No waiting lines: Availability of immediate treatment is one of the biggest advantages.
- Proximity: Being close to US and Canada, it makes an easy option for the North Americans.
- Cheaper drugs: The cost of medicinal drugs here is almost 50% cheaper than the US. This is one of the reasons for low cost of medical care in the country.
- No Visa Requirement:Americans do not require visa for traveling to Mexico. A tourist card is required that can be easily obtained at all Mexican consulates and with the airlines. This reduces the efforts of obtaining medical visa.
- Wonderful tourist destinations: This country offers a variety of tourist attractions. The sunny beaches, fascinating ancient sites, awesome colonial architecture, and its rich culture are perfect breathers for visitors.
- Aftercare and Emergencies: Though chances are less, complications and emergencies do arise in this surgery. The patient might feel a lack of support at his closest during such situations.
- Traveling: Those who want to avoid traveling may find it cumbersome to travel for Gastric Sleeve Surgery Mexico.
Gastric Sleeve Mexico