Tourism is a major part of Egypt’s economy and for this reason, it is fairly easy to get a visa into the country. Egypt visas are easily processed in the country’s international airports, at the major ports and in all other entry points into the country. The processing of visas at these entry points is done by the country’s immigration department referred to as the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA). You can also get the country’s visa from all Egypt consular missions abroad. Travel agents and visa services providers in various countries may also facilitate the process of getting the Egypt visa from the Egypt consulates.
Types of Egypt Visas
There are three types of visas that are available to visitors seeking entry to the country. These visa options are explained below;
· Entry – Entry visa is a general type visa that is given to all visitors into the country apart from tourist and those transiting through the county. Visitors who seek entry into Egypt for work opportunities, educational reasons, health reasons, for business or those seeking residence in Egypt will require this entry visa. The duration of the visa depends on the purpose that the visa is being sort.
· Tourist – This is the most common visa obtained by Egypt visitors as Egypt is a major tourist destination. The tourist visa is usually valid for a period of 3 months. Depending on the visa request, the visa may allow for a single entry into the country or for multiple entries. If one wishes to extend their stay in Egypt, they can apply for such an extension from the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
· Transit – The transit visa is given to visitors who are only in Egypt for connecting to a further destinations. Various flights make connections via Egypt and this may necessitate this transit visa. However, citizens from most countries will not require the transit visa when making a connection via Egypt.
To get an Egypt visa, you will require a valid passport that should have at least 6 months to expiry. Depending on the nationality of the person seeking the visa, you may either be allowed to get your visa on arrival in Egypt or you may be required to obtain it prior to your arrival in Egypt.
The following citizens may get their visa at the airport on arrival to Egypt;
· Europe – Citizens of Western Europe
· Asia – Citizens of South Korea, North Korea, Maldives, Republic of China, Japan, Nepal, Singapore and Brunei.
· Australia –Citizens of Australia and New Zealand
· North America – Citizens of USA and Canada
· South America – Citizens of all South American States
· Middle East –Citizens from Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Yemen, Syria, Geboti, Qatar, and Oman.
· Africa – Citizens from Libya
All other citizens from other countries will require to get a visa from Egypt diplomatic missions abroad prior to their arrival in Egypt.
Alex Kibebe is a professional and talented internet writer. He writes SEO articles, website content, sales copies, e-books among other internet related content.