Canada, the northern neighbor to the US, offers many beautiful and interesting scenes. There are mountains, lakes, all four seasons, city life, country life, suburbia, culture, and many other wonderful aspects that are often overlooked. Below, discover everything on how to relocate to Canada:
1. Before you arrive, you will need a Canadian immigrant visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member travelling with you as well as a valid passport.
2. You may find it easier to live in a temporary home while you look for a permanent place. You will also have to decide whether you want to rent or to buy and whether to choose an apartment or a house. Prices vary. Many new immigrants who relocate to Canada prefer to rent a place to live, while they work and save money to buy a home.
3. Look into opening new checking and savings accounts. It’s best to change money at companies such as Thomas Cook, which specializes in international transactions. Credit cards are widely accepted, especially Visa, MasterCard and American Express. ABMs (ATMs) are common throughout Canada too.
4. One of the most important things you need to do as soon as you arrive in Canada is to apply for a health insurance card. All members of your family, even newborn babies, must have their own card. You can get an application form from the provincial ministry of health office, any doctor’s office, a hospital or a pharmacy.
5. Finding work in Canada depends on the job market in your field, your credentials and whether you will have to be licensed or not. A good way to start your search is by going to job banks and other online job services. The Canadian government recommends having your credentials, i.e. diplomas, degrees, certificates etc., evaluated in order to compare to Canadian standards.
6. It is illegal to drive without a driver’s license, registration and insurance. So, be sure to research the driving laws before you relocate to Canada.
After reading these important tips, are you ready for hockey and hiking? The land of Maple Leafs is calling, are you ready to relocate to Canada?
Visit Here To Discover much more on Traveling for a long period [http://move-place.com/articles.htm].
Benny Horowitz is a hobbyist traveller that’s written dozens of articles on the subject of travelling and relocating to help you when traveling to a foreign country.