Canada has an abundant need for skilled workers. They can be given a permanent resident visa depending on their qualification with work, educational background and knowledge in communicating in English or French. Skilled workers such as engineers, therapists, cooks, crane operators, plumbers, electricians, etc. are just some of the few positions that are in demand in the country. If you are one of those who have the following experience and would want to try immigrating in the country, this Canada immigration guide for skilled workers will help you get some information to enlighten you on how to apply.
The first step that you need to do is to check if you would qualify in the criteria set by the country’s government. Here are some of the criteria for you to know.
- Result of language proficiency test from accredited testing centers.
- A one-year straight and full-time work experience in the occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification of Canada.
- If you do not qualify with the 2nd requirement, you can still process your papers if you have a valid job offer from employers in the country.
The list mentioned above are just the basic that you would need to check before you could start processing. Once that you are able to provide it, your papers would still be evaluated depending on:
- Your language proficiency
- Educational Background
- Work Experience
- If you have found an employer from the country already
- Ability to adapt
- It is also important to show that you can support your family once that you arrived in the country
If you will be able to provide the requirements listed, you may already start fixing the documents that you would need to submit your application.
- An application form can be downloaded over the Internet. As a skilled worker, you should download the form “Federal Skilled Worker Application Package” Aside from the application form a step-by-step procedure on how to go about your application is also provided for you to follow.
- You just need to fill up the forms provided. It can be done in your computer and have it printed after or if you are more comfortable in writing, you can do so. However, be sure that you write clearly. Also, make sure that every question is carefully answered. Be honest in writing the information needed for any discrepancies will make your application valid. Incomplete application forms would also not be processed.
- After you have completed the documents needed, prepare the payment for your fee. Should you fail to qualify for the said application, fee will be returned to you. The right of permanent residence fee is paid in separate only if you already qualified to immigrate as a skilled worker and prior to your citizenship. A guide on how to pay your fees is also included in the guide that you can download together with your application form.
- Submit your application through mail at “Centralized Intake Office for Federal Skilled Worker Applications in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). Please note that federal skilled worker applications should not be submitted to visa office in your country.
If you are determined to immigrate to Canada but did not know how, there are many sources in the Internet that could help you. For a free newsletter with ton of information and useful Canada Immigration Guide, subscribe now.
Jay Opatha is an affiliate marketer of many well known and best selling products. For more info checkout How to Get Canada Permanent Residency [http://www.ImmigrationCanadaGuide.com]