A cosmopolitan city with panoramic vistas and the great outdoors only minutes away, it’s no wonder Vancouver, British Columbia is a very popular vacation destination. The coastal city encompassed with the ocean and mountains offers visitors the opportunity to partake in plenty of vacation activities. Vacationing in Vancouver also doesn’t mean you have to break the bank. Read on for 9 money savings tips to be sure you don’t spend any more money than you need to.
- Book Your Flight Early – the early bird does get the worm! Finding deals on the internet is easier if you book as far in advance as possible. You will also have a better chance of getting flights with your desired dates and times. Consider mid-week flights to save even more money.
- Book Your Vancouver Accommodation Directly with Homeowners – Book directly with the owner of the property and don’t pay for middle-agent fees and service charges that otherwise unnecessarily bloat your cost.
- Share Your Vancouver Accommodation with Friends – When you book a Vancouver vacation rental direct with the owner, you pay one price for the entire place, not on a per person basis like in a hotel. Cut down your costs by having more people share your accommodation and pitch in on the payments for maximum savings.
- Last-minute, Half-price Event Tickets – Tickets tonight offers half price tickets for selected performances the same day.
- Shopping, Dining and Spa Discounts – Use your Visa and present Visa perks coupons to reap the rewards of savings on over 50 special offers
- Free Summer Fireworks – Combine music with fireworks 4 times in the summer in English Bay, Vancouver and you get the Celebration of Lights. It’s free to all, you just need to claim your viewing spot early in the day.
- Discounted Grouse Mountain Skyride – Hike up Grouse Mountain for free and get a deal on the one way ticket down. Pay a fraction of the cost: $5 oneway vs. $35 round trip and a great workout too!
- Free Salmon Spawning Viewing – Each fall millions of salmon return to their fresh water birthplace to spawn and die. View this spectacular event for free at the Capilano Salmon Hatchery.
- Discounted Dine Out Meals – Spice up your January by treating yourself to Vancouver’s best restaurants. Sample exquisite three-course meals at discounted fixed prices for a limited time only.